Simple Reminders About Hearing Aid Care...
- Never attempt to repair your hearing aid. Do-it-yourself repairs usually cause more damage than good. Report any problems immediately.
- Never wear your hearing instruments in the shower or swimming.
- If your hearing instruments do get wet, never try any "quick-drying" methods such as microwave, hair dryers, or ovens. Consult us if your aids are inoperable due to moisture.
- Always place your hearing aids in a safe place out of reach of pets or children. Remember the batteries are poisonous.
- If your hearing instruments sound distorted or unclear they may be in need of repair and you should contact us immediately.
- Visit us at least twice a year for follow-up care and routine service. Hearing loss is dynamic and we recommend that you have your hearing tested at least once a year to ensure you are receiving maximum benefit from your hearing instruments.